- PDF eBook
About the Author-
Roberta M. Snow is a professor of management at West Chester University and former director of Nonprofit Management and Leadership Programs at the University of Pennsylvania.
Table of Contents-
List of Tables and Exhibits.
PART ONE: ABOUT DECISION MAKING.
1. The Art and Science of Decision Making: Putting Theory into Practice.
What Doesn't Work.
Reacting Versus Responding.
Responding Versus Reacting.
2. Borrowing from Business: Due Diligence in Decision Making.
What Investors Do.
Defining Due Diligence.
Staging Implementation to Reduce Risk.
A Consistent Approach to Critical Decisions.
3. Managing Critical Decisions: The Who, What, and How.
How Do You Put It All Together.
4. Enter the Matrix: Introducing an Effective Tool.
The Matrix: Framing the Decision.
The Rows: Weighting the Due Diligence Criteria.
The Columns: Scoring the Due Diligence Criteria.
Using the Matrix for Binary Decisions.
Using the Matrix for Choices Among Similar Options.
Using the Matrix for Choices Among Dissimilar Options.
PART TWO: MAKING CRITICAL DECISIONS.
5. Stage One: Feasibility.
The Seductive Nature of New Ideas.
Common Feasibility Decisions.
The Feasibility Matrix.
6. Stage Two: Pilot.
Piloting the Feasible Decision.
Designing the Pilot Project.
The Pilot Matrix.
7. Stage Three: Implementation.
From Pilot to Implementation.
A Good Implementation Plan.
The Implementation Matrix.
8. Stage Four: Cutback.
Dimensions of Cutting Back.
The Cutback Matrix.
9. Putting the Matrix to Work.
Boards of Directors.
10. The Decision-Making Guide.
Assessing the Decision.
Working Through the Matrix.
Appendix: Staff Renewal Decisions.
PDF eBookRelease date:
Digital Rights Information+
- Copyright Protection (DRM) required by the Publisher may be applied to this title to limit or prohibit printing or copying. File sharing or redistribution is prohibited. Your rights to access this material expire at the end of the lending period. Please see Important Notice about Copyrighted Materials for terms applicable to this content.
More titles may be available to you. Sign in now to see your library's full collection.